시각정보처리 연구실은 전기전자공학, 컴퓨터과학, 수학, 인공지능 분야의 지식을 바탕으로 컴퓨터 비전, 영상처리, 기계학습 분야를 연구한다. 주요 연구 주제로는 영상 개선 및 복원, 물체 검출 및 인식, 대용량 3차원 영상처리, 멀티미디어 데이터 압축 등이 있다. 본 연구를 통하여 개발하는 기술은 시각 지능 시스템, 스마트 자동차, 혼합 현실, 로봇 비전 등 다양한 분야에서 활용 가능하다.
● 2021-Present: Dean, College of Information and Biotechnology, UNIST
● 2023-Present: Head, Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence, UNIST
● 2021-Present: Director, UNIST AI Innovation Park
● 2009-Present: Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, UNIST
● 2020-2021: Visiting Researcher, University of California San Diego
● 2018-2019: Acting Head, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UNIST
● 2005-2009: Research Staff Member, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology
● 2005: Ph.D., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University
● 2001: M.S., Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Seoul National University
● 1999: B.S., Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University
[Research Keywords and Topics]
Image enhancement, image restoration, person search, object detection, large-scale 3D point clouds, deep learning
● Byeong-Ju Han and Jae-Young Sim*, “Zero-shot learning for reflection removal of single 360-degree image,” in Proc. ECCV, Oct. 2022.
● Byeong-Ju Han, Kuhyeun Ko and Jae-Young Sim*, “End-to-end trainable trident person search network using adaptive gradient propagation,” in Proc. IEEE ICCV, Oct. 2021.
● Jae-Seong Yun and Jae-Young Sim*, “Virtual point removal for large-scale 3D point clouds with multiple glass planes,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 729-744, Feb. 2021.
● Kyu-Yul Lee and Jae-Young Sim*, “Warping residual based image stitching for large parallax,” in Proc. IEEE CVPR, Jun. 2020.
● Byeong-Ju Han and Jae-Young Sim*, “Glass reflection removal using co-saliency based image alignment and low-rank matrix completion in gradient domain,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 4873-4888, Oct. 2018.
● Jae-Seong Yun and Jae-Young Sim*, “Reﬂection removal for large-scale 3D point clouds,” in Proc. IEEE CVPR, Jun. 2018.
[Awards/ Honors/ Memberships]
● Associate Editor, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 2021~present
● Education Model Research Award, UNIST, 2018
● Best Paper Award, The 29th Workshop on Image Processing and Image Understanding, 2017
● Member of IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), 2005~present