우리 연구실은 차세대 인공지능 알고리즘/구조 개발과 딥러닝 학습에 대한 이론적 분석 연구를 수행하고 있습니다. 주로 차세대 인공지능 기술이 풀어내야할 다음과 같은 난제들을 해결하는데 집중하고 있습니다. 궁극적으로는 막대한 학습 데이터에 의존하지 않으면서(data-efficient learning), 연속적인 학습이 가능하며(life-long learning), 학습된 적 없는 데이터/작업에도 높은 일반화를 가지면서(generalization) 분산된 데이터/연산 상황에서도 학습이 가능한(decentralized learning) 차세대 인공지능 알고리즘/구조 그리고 이론에 대해 연구하고 있습니다.
● 2020-Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Artificial Intelligence Graduate School, UNIST
● 2017-2020: Post-doctoral researcher, Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
● 2017: Ph.D., in Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
● 2013: M.S., in Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
● 2011: B.S., Department of Electrical Engineering, KAIST
[Research Keywords and Topics]
● Deep Learning Theory
● Data-efficient Learning
● Federated Learning
● Intelligent Communications
● Information Theory & Learning
● S-Y Jo, and S. W. Yoon, “POEM: Polarization of Embeddings for Domain-Invariant Representations,” 37th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2023.
● J. H. Lim, and S. W. Yoon, “MetaVerSe: Federated Meta-Learning for Versatile and Secure Representations with Dynamic Margins in Embedding Space,” AAAI Workshop on Privacy-Preserving Artificial Intelligence (PPAI-23), 2023.
● S. W. Yoon, D-Y Kim, J. Seo, and J. Moon, “XtarNet: Learning to Extract Task-Adaptive Representation for Incremental Few-Shot Learning,” 37th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2020.
● S. W. Yoon, J. Seo, and J. Moon, “TapNet: Neural Network Augmented with Task-Adaptive Projection for Few-Shot Learning,” 36th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2019.
● J-Y Sohn, S. W. Yoon, and J. Moon, “Capacity of Clustered Distributed Storage,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Jan. 2019.
[Awards/ Honors/ Memberships]
● Best Teaching Achievements Award in UNIST 2021 (one winner among all faculty members)
● Samsung AI Forum Best Poster Award, 2019
● Qualcomm Innovation Paper Award, 2015 & 2018
● IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) Best Paper Award for Communication Theory Symposium, 2017