저희 연구실에서는 AI 분야에서 기존의 한계를 넘는 기계학습 및 강화학습 알고리즘을 개발하고, 수학적 지식을 기반으로 알고리즘의 이론적 개선을 이루는 연구를 수행하고 있습니다. 또한, 로봇, 드론, 스마트 공장, 게임 환경 등 실제 산업에서 다루는 환경에 강화학습을 적용하여 기존 시스템을 자동화하고 산업의 생산성을 크게 향상시키고자 하는 연구를 수행하고 있습니다.
● 2021-Present: Assistant Professor, AI Graduate School (AIGS) & Department of Electrical Engineering (EE), UNIST
● 2021: Postdoctoral Researcher, Institute of Information Electronics, KAIST, Daejeon, South Korea.
● 2016 – 2021: Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, KAIST,
● 2014 – 2016: M.S., Electrical Engineering, KAIST,
● 2010 – 2013: B.S., Electrical Engineering, KAIST, Double Major: Mathematical Science.
[Research Keywords and Topics]
Reinforcement learning, multi-agent learning, meta learning, imitation learning, robust learning, intelligent control systems.
● J. Chae, S. Han*, W. Jung, M. Cho, S. Choi, and Youngchul Sung, “Robust imitation learning against variations in environment dynamics,” the 39th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), Jul. 2022.
● S. Han and Y. Sung, “A Max-Min Entropy Framework for Reinforcement Learning,” the 35th Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) 2021.
● S. Han and Y. Sung, “Diversity Actor-Critic: Sample-Aware Entropy Regularization for Sample-Efficient Exploration,” the 38th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2021, Virtual, Jul. 2021.
● S. Han, and Y. Sung, “Dimension-Wise Importance Sampling Weight Clipping for Sample-Efficient Reinforcement Learning,” the 36th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML) 2019, Long Beach, CA, USA, Jun. 2019.
● S. Han, Y. Sung, and Y. H. Lee, “Filter Design for Generalized Frequency-Division Multiplexing,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 1644 – 1659, Apr. 2017.
[Awards/ Honors/ Memberships]
● Kim-Choong-Ki Award: Best Research Achievement Reward, KAIST EE, Jun. 2020.
● World Cyber Games (WCG) 2019, New Horizons, AI Soccer, Semi-Finalist, Jul. 2019.
● Championship, The 1st AI Soccer Worldcup with Team AFC WISRL, Aug. 2018.
● Championship, The 1st KAIST Intramural AI Soccer Competition with with Team AFC WISRL, Mar. 2018.
● Second Prize, The 1st AI Soccer Korean Cup with Team AFC WISRL, Dec. 2017.